Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

Wish Bracelets 2.0 – Ankle Length


I love ankle bracelets, they are my permanent jewelry.  The only time I have ever taken mine off was late in my pregnancy when my ankles were too swollen.   In addition to the two silver ones I always wear, I usually make a special beaded ankle bracelet each summer to add some color.  Now that I have declared wish bracelets back in style (LOL, I tried, anyway) it’s about time I tie one on myself!
In case you missed the original tutorial, let me explain why they are called wish bracelets.  You make a wish, tie your bracelet on, and don’t take it off!  When the hemp eventually wears out, your wish is then released and it’s supposed to come true.  I don’t know that it ever really works, but since wishes are both free and fun… why not, right?
Speaking of wishes, I just love this funny.  (I had to do a quick edit, but I think it retains the point):


For an ankle length, start with three strands of hemp 18″ long.  Measure down 3″ and tie a knot.  Braid about 4″ to 4-1/2″.


Next, you’ll be braiding in a few beads.  I work from the right, but you can easily work from the left if you’re left-handed.  It doesn’t matter – you’ll just be braiding beads in from one side only.
Pull your right strand to the center of your braid.  Thread a bead onto this strand.


Snug it up close the braid, and pull the left strand to the center.


Now pull your right strand to the center, and thread another bead.


Continue, adding as many beads as you like.  I added five.  Then, braid the rest of your bracelet down another 4″ to 4-1/2″.  For an ankle length, you want a bracelet that ends up between 9″ and 10″.


Then, make them in every color, because you won’t be able to resist.


So, what are you making to wear this summer?