Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

Mod Podge Wood Bracelets



As you can see… I had some trouble deciding what to put on mine, so I ended up making a few.   I ended up using a map of my first vacation my husband and I took together, some text from Robert Frost’s “The Road Less Traveled”, and some butterfly scrapbook paper that I just adore.
Raya immediately claimed the butterfly one:


Yes, I am teaching her to accessorize early.
This was a really simple and quick project – less than an hour for all three bracelets.  In fact the hardest part was finding wood bracelets!  I finally ordered from Banglewood Crafts on Etsy.  I’d really recommend them, she shipped super fast and the bracelets are awesome.
What you’ll need:
Flat wooden bracelets
Acrylic Paint
Mod Podge
Graphic or paper of your choice – you may want to use a paper trimmer to cut it evenly
Paintbrush


First, trim up your paper to the width of your bracelet.  Then, paint the inside and the edges of your bracelet.    I painted the edges of the outside too, because my paper was ever-so-slightly smaller than the width of the bracelet because I wanted the inside color to really show.


Now, apply some Mod Podge to the backside of your paper, and carefully apply it to your bracelet.  Once you have it nice and smooth and straight, cover it with a coat of Mod Podge.  Let it dry.


When it’s dry, coat the inside and the edges with Mod Podge too.  If you look above, there’s a little smudge on the left edge of that bracelet.  If you get any of those, smooth it out before it dries.  (I did, I just didn’t notice yet when taking the photo.)
…Are you looking for more?  That’s it!  Just let your bracelet dry!  I love them, I can’t decide my favorite!





Which one do you like best?